Friday, February 11, 2011

CNY day 1 to day 4!

it just dawned on me that i have a ton of chinese new year to blog about. thought i’d better be a bit organized since february is already here, there, a short entry from day 1 to day 4 over the long weekend?

how is the year of the rabbit been for you so far?.

it's a huge celebration across asian cultures, it was also all about the red packets filled with money when I was younger. haha. feel kind of old to collect red packets now! but still, extra ang bao this year from my second brother who just got married last month! *smiles

daddy’s friend made the best ever pineapple tarts and they were gone in seconds. the pineapple jam filling was made from real pineapple and not the store-bought jam i believe. the buttery pastry was crumbly and melted in your mouth. i’ve been eating since day 1 and my throat doesn’t feel good right now! oh no..

first day of chinese new year, as usual, lion dance and dragon in the house. it’s drizzling in the morning, thus they arrive late. start my first day of chinese new year late, only get to my grandma place with pops at around 2pm. a short blackjack session with my cousins and uncles. if you know, my grandma’s place is just less 3 minutes walk away. walking here and there made me sweat! aunties and uncles from mommy’s side came to our place in the noon, my house is bustling with noise, with 2 little tiger babies who just born on dec and jan respectively!.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
first prize on wednesday's 4D! pops forgot to buy.. *pain!
Photobucket
玉兔送财到胡府
NICE!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
didn’t entertain visitor well, but bounce off with babe to his relatives’ place. went to babe’s grand auntie’s place in chinatown. it was a traditional and old housing estate, where i’m kind of fascinated by the fans and switches in the house. grand auntie is very nice, with her cheerful laughter makes us filled with lots of warmth and joys! had my 4th yusheng at grand auntie’s place from ritz carlton. the fillings from ritz carlton is awesome, man! salmon portion is enormously huge, with walnuts and chips that is different from the normal one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
next stop to sentosa cove! babe’s darrell auntie officially shifted into sentosa cove, the ocean front. they have unblocked views, and it’s awesome, with the cooling wind blows in constantly. my tum tum filled up with loads of chinese new year goodies, and my appetite for dinner is nahh..! didn’t made it on time to return back home to entertain my pop’s friends, reached home almost closed to 12nish midnight. had an early night cos babe’s place engage lion dance as well in the morning.

everyone in the house is in high spirits when the lion collecting loads of ang baos from all and teasing everyone! unlike my house's lion dance, brothers just busying eating his lunch and sister only arrive after the lion dance ended. boo..! haha!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
didn’t take much photos of myself, i guess this is the only picture in day 2!

went to 二姨’s place in the noon and this is the 2 tigress babies i'm taking about, their difference is just 1 and a half months! my 二姨’s daughter-in-law and daughter got pregnant at the same time. indeed siblings power! haha. *nice!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
sent my granny and mom back home first before i went to babe’s aunt place again. blackjack session through out the chinese new year, at least for myself, moolah added! oops =X

day 3 is kind of impromptu! managed to book movie tickets for all well ends well for mama instead of the great great world. pop to biological granny’s place before the movie. granny marked her 90s this year, but her health isn’t as good as before after a fell recently. only got to know the story behind granny from mama that day! granny is the second wife of my grandpa. grandpa’s first wife died at the age of 50+ and then got married with my granny. first wife gave birth to 12 kids in total, and thereafter my granny had 8 kids! if grandpa still around, he marked his 106th today. in the olden days, grandparents raise animals such as pigs and ducks for livings, and bringing up so many kids is really not easy. in order to take care of all the first wife’s kids, granny sacrifice her own flesh and blood and gave away to other people for adoption. and mama is one of the kids that being given away. granny is mighty! i can’t do that if it’s me. wells, wishing her good health and many more to come!
Photobucket
Photobucket
with my favorite niece!
Photobucket
Photobucket
and my big eyes ah nelle!
Photobucket
Photobucket
back home and had my 5th yusheng with family and babe! great dinner and great blackjack session with winnie, peng and the little rascal. 30 plus bucks added that night. haha!

it's an awesome festive this year! good health and good wealth to all. =)

No comments: